Parks & Gardens
The City Park is the largest urban park in the country, with an area of 83 hectares that extend to the Atlantic Ocean, a rare feature worldwide. In 2000, he was selected by the Order of Engineers as one of the '100 most remarkable works built in the twentieth century in Portugal'.
Address: Avenida da Boavista 4100-123 Porto
Gardens of the Crystal Palace
The romantic gardens of the Crystal Palace occupy an area of 8 hectares in the center of Porto and were designed in the 19th century by the German landscape architect Emille David. From here you can admire the beautiful panoramic views of the river and the city, in views that are in strategic positions.
Address: Rua de D. Manuel II, 4050-346 Porto
The Botanical Garden consists on a historic garden, a succulent garden, a greenhouse area with tropical, subtropical, orchid and succulent plants, an area of lakes with aquatic plants, and a park area with a collection of gymnosperms and specimens of Beeches, oaks, tulips and magnolias, among others.
Address: Rua do Campo Alegre 1191, 4150-181 Porto
The Virtudes Municipal Park is located in what used to be Horticultural Company of Porto. One of the peculiarities of this garden is the fact that it is vertical, it develops on terraces down the slope, so that almost everywhere you have an unparalleled view over the Customs, the Douro River and Vila Nova de Gaia.
Address: Rua de Azevedo de Albuquerque, 4050-076 Porto
The Serralves Park, from the first half of the 20th century, was the first national private garden built on a landscape architecture project. The gardens have been designed to blend harmoniously with the surrounding landscape and built structure. Building classified as a monument of public interest.
Address: Rua D. João de Castro 210, 4150-417 Porto Portugal
Garden of Passeio Alegre
Designed in the late 19th century by the architect Émile David, the same architect who designed the Gardens of the Crystal Palace, this garden is flanked by a Palm Grove. It houses a series of architectural elements of great value: a fountain in granite, from the former Convent of S. Francisco; two Nasoni Obelisks from Quinta da Prelada; A small 'romantic villa', built in 1874, before the finishing of the Garden.
Address: Rua do Passeio Alegre, 4150-576 Porto